Last week, I was at the Hannover Messe 2023 and was blown away by the innovative tech offerings from Indonesian companies. However, while their tech is impressive, I noticed that many of them may be missing a crucial piece of the puzzle when it comes to going global - security and privacy compliance.
In today's world, security and privacy are more important than ever. With data breaches and privacy concerns on the rise, companies that fail to comply with regulations risk losing credibility and business opportunities in the global market. This is why it's important for Indonesian tech companies to start preparing for security and privacy compliance if they want to succeed internationally.
So what do these compliance regimes entail? Here's a quick overview:
- GDPR - If your company processes the personal data of European Union citizens.
- PDPA - If your company processes the personal data of Singaporean residents.
- PCI DSS - If your company accepts credit card payments.
- HIPAA - If your company handles electronic protected health information (ePHI).
- ISO 27001 - A globally recognized standard for information security management systems (ISMS), which demonstrates your company's commitment to security best practices.
- SOC 2 - A standard for evaluating the security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy of cloud-based services.
In fact there are more nuance about this because (unfortunately) each country can have their own security and privacy regulations, making it a daunting and expensive tasks for many already global tech players.
But fear not! This is where we come in. We are experts in security and privacy compliance, with extensive experience in those requirements mentioned above. We even push the boundary further by designing efficient and effective compliance program for multiple requirements that startups and scaleups can comfortably work with.
We can help Indonesian tech companies navigate the compliance landscape, so they can focus on what they do best - creating innovative tech solutions that will change the world.
In conclusion, Indonesian tech companies have the potential to make a big impact in the global market, but they must not overlook the importance of security and privacy compliance. By preparing for the necessary compliance regimes and partnering with a trusted consultancy like FeHa International Consulting, they can ensure their success in the international arena.